IT Squid Ltd (“we”) will collect and use information obtained via the IT Squid website (“Website”) as described in this policy. In doing so, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy rules.
This policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you visit the Website and, any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we obtain from you, or through the use of IT Squid will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our landing pages or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use IT Squid, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with IT Squid. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we may collect about you
We give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, with regard to each of your visits to our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we may receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies), as well as our group companies and may receive information about you from them.
How we may use your information
Information you give to us
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to respond to any enquiries or requests for information you may have sent to us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you may request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our concept is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- if there is a questionnaire on the Site and we want to use the information from the questionnaire for statistical purposes and to contact you the person who submitted the questionnaire
Information we collect about you
We will use this information for the purposes set out above and:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- for statistical and analytical purposes;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you through other sources e.g. Google Analytics. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If IT Squid or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
IT Squid is a global business. To offer a consistent service to you we manage IT Squid from multiple servers in different regions based on Vercel's Edge Regions implementation. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored on any of these regional servers. It may also be processed by staff operating in other countries within the European Economic Area, who work for the company or for one of our suppliers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, by notifying us or by using the unsubscribe option contained in our communications.
You also have the right to access information that we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
IT Squid may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
All done. Thanks for reading. We hope you enjoy using our site!
Last updated: 18/04/2022